Any Disney fan knows that scents are a big part of the theme park experience. Find out which Disney scented candles are the best!
These scented Disney candles are a fabulous way to bring the joy of the theme parks and resorts to your very own home!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
UPDATED October 18, 2023
If you’ve been to Disney World or Disneyland, you likely noticed how immersive the experience is.
The truth is, Disney goes to great lengths to make their parks a full-fledged sensory experience, but they don’t limit it to sights and sounds.
Scents play a big role in your day at the parks, too!
The Walt Disney Company actually purposely distributes scents through different areas of the parks, because they know how powerful your sense of smell is.
Perhaps you’ve noticed the smell of brominated water on Splash Mountain or the scent of freshly-baked cookies wafting down Main Street, USA, or the smell of orange blossoms on Soarin’ at Epcot.
Although these scents are a quintessential part of your vacation, they are no longer limited to just the parks!
Today we’re sharing our favorite Disney candles that bring the magic of the parks to life in your living room at home.
And because we know you can’t go on a Disney trip every day, these Disney scented candles are a great way to overcome the Disney blues when your vacation is over!
They would also make a great Mother’s Day gift for Disney lovers, or a fabulous Christmas gift for the Disney fans in your life.
Best Brands of Disney Candles
I did quite a bit of research on the best Disney candle brands and then bought from a few different shops to figure out which ones I liked best.
Yes, that’s right, I bought 30+ new candles with my own money, just so I could share with you which Disney scents are worth your while!
The brands I purchased were Magic Candle Company, Mortimer and Co., and Main Street Melts.
Honestly, I was very pleased with the Disney smells from each of these three brands, but they do have a few differences, so I’m going to be sharing my top picks of each.
In some cases, I sampled the same scent from more than one company, so in those cases, I’ll also tell you which was my favorite!
Magic Candle Company Disney Candles
I’ve ordered more than 20 different scents from Magic Candle Company, because they had so many options I wanted to try.
They also offer various home fragrances, such as room sprays, wax melts, and bath and body products!
Their Disney scented candles are a mix of 2/3 soy wax and 1/3 paraffin wax, and are the only brand I tested that uses a wood wick.
The wood wicks burn really well and the candles burn evenly, which is always a plus!
The candles were packaged super carefully, each one individually-wrapped in bubble wrap. They were shipped in a fun box decorated with a travel theme.
Magic Candle Company candles come in a couple of different sizes, but I purchased the small candles, which are each 7.25-ounces.
They’re slightly smaller than the other brands I purchased, which were 8-oz and 9-oz. They’re priced a little higher than the other brands.
Magic Candle Company does offer large candles, in a 13.25-oz size, if you prefer that.
They do offer bundled sets of 4 candles, where you get to pick the scents, for a lower price, which helps you save about $3 per candle.
However, I took advantage of a B2G1 sale Magic Candle Company was running at the time, so I got a good deal.
They offer frequent promotions, but if a sale isn’t happening when you order, you can click here to get 10% off your order.
Magic Candle Company also offers a stellar 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don’t like a scent you order, they’ll replace it for you!
I had the opportunity to try a wide variety of Disney-inspired scents, including:
- Space Coaster – Designed to smell like Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom
- Little Old Christmas Shop – Reminiscent of the scent in Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom
- Pirate Life – Designed to smell like the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction in Adventureland
- Jungle Boat – A tropical-inspired candle from the famed boat ride in Magic Kingdom
- Haunted – Inspired by the 999 Happy Haunts who dwell in the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom
- Pineapple Whip – Everybody’s favorite Disney snack, the Dole Whip, comes to life with this scent
- Polynesian – Be transported back to the lobby of the Polynesian resort with this lovely scent
- Splash – Do you love the smell of brominated water in Splash Mountain? This one’s for you!
- Bakery on Main – Designed to smell like the delicious baked goods sold on Main Street, USA
- Churro – Inspired by one of the iconic Disney snacks, one whiff of this one will make you hungry!
- Floridian – The lobby of the Grand Floridian Disney resort is an oasis for the senses, including this scent.
- Flying Over Orange Groves – Meant to replicate the scent from Soarin’ Around the World in Epcot, when you fly over orange groves.
- Tiki Terrace – Meant to transport you to the Enchanted Tiki Room in Adventureland, this candle will make you feel like you’re in a tropical oasis.
- Contemporary – This candle is reminiscent of the lobby of the Contemporary Resort. It’s strikingly similar to the Floridian candle, so I wouldn’t recommend getting both of those–just choose one.
- Mine Train – This one reminds me somewhat of Haunted. It has notes of amber and sandalwood, making it a somewhat earthy scent. Perfect for people who may not want flowery smells.
- Autumn on Main Street – This is one of my absolute favorites! I’ve ordered it multiple times. It’s a classic scent for fall, with warm spices and mums and all-around perfection.
- Wilderness Resort – Nature inspired, this candle makes you feel like you’re waking up in the morning to dew-covered trees and a smoldering campfire.
- Hocus Pocus – This one reminds me of those cinnamon brooms that stores sell in the fall. It’s such a delicious scent!
- Pirate Auction – This candle combines hints of Pirates Life with a more musky scent reminiscent of embers.
- Banshee Flight – A mix of fruity and floral aromas combine in this one, making you feel like you’re flying over a refreshing ocean.
- Haunted Holiday – A pairing of the classic Haunted candle notes with holiday gingerbread, this candle has warm spices that make you wish for Christmas.
- Flying Over Fiji – With similar scent notes as the Banshee Flight candle, this one is another refreshing scent that’s great for summer.
Favorites from Magic Candle Company
First of all, I have to say that I honestly like every candle I received from this company.
They truly all smell so good, bringing reminders of a magical vacation to my living room.
I love the fresh scents of the Polynesian and Floridian candles–they are perfectly uplifting and make you feel like you’re in the lobby of their respective resorts.
The Space Coaster scent is surprising. When I ordered it, I thought, “How can you make a scent smell like the Space Mountain roller coaster?”
But one sniff, and I understood. I won’t say it’s a top personal favorite, but it’s definitely pleasant.
Splash is the perfect “Disney water ride” scent, without being overpowering or gross.
Jungle Boat was really nice, too! It had notes of patchouli and ferns, which I really enjoy burning during Spring.
I didn’t necessarily feel that Churro is particularly spot-on…it just smells like cinnamon to me. Still a great fall scent though!
My favorite fall scent, though, is Autumn on Main Street.
I’ve lost count of how many of them I’ve ordered, because I can’t get enough of it during the fall.
You can check out all of their scents here!
Mortimer and Co. Disney Candles
I ordered five different scents from Mort and Co on Etsy. This is a “Star Seller” shop with over 4,000 5-star reviews, so I knew they must be on to something.
The candles arrived meticulously packaged, with each candle wrapped in bubble wrap and surrounded by packing peanuts.
These 8-ounce candles are hand-poured with a mix of soy and paraffin wax.
The Disney scented candles I tried from this shop are:
- Soaring Orange – Meant to replicate the orange grove you fly over in the Soarin’ attraction at Epcot
- Main Street Bakery – A riff on the whiff you catch of sweet treats from the bakery on Main Street, USA in Magic Kingdom
- Happy Haunts – Designed to smell like the inside of the Haunted Mansion attraction in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom
- Waters of the Caribbean – Meant to bring you back to smell of brominated waters from the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction in Magic Kingdom
- Pineapple Whip – This one will remind you of the ever-popular Dole Whip, one of the most iconic Disney snacks around!
Favorites from Mortimer and Co.
All of these smell really pleasant–there isn’t one that I don’t like.
Pineapple Whip is bright and tropical, with notes of both pineapple and cream (of the three brands I tried, their pineapple candle is my top pick).
Waters of the Caribbean doesn’t really have a brominated smell from the attraction, but it is a nice fresh scent that reminds me of the breezy ocean, which is always a win.
The Main Street Bakery scent is really very pleasant, but a little heavy on the cinnamon for actually smelling like Main Street. But still, if you love candles that are inspired by baked goods, this is a great one.
Soaring Orange is one of my favorite scents, because it combines both the citrus and blossom smells of an orange grove. As someone who lived in Florida for many years, this is a scent that always makes me feel at home.
You can see everything they offer in their shop here!
Disney Candles from Main Street Melts
Main Street Melts is another Etsy shop that specializes in Disney-scented candles, wax melts, and fragrance oils. With over 16,000 5-star reviews, I decided they must be good!
I purchased four different Disney-scented candles to try. Slightly larger than the candles from Mortimer and Co., these are 9-ounce candles made with natural soy wax.
These are normally a little bit more expensive than Mortimer and Co., but the time of my purchase, the candles were 20% off, making them slightly less expensive.
These were also packaged very meticulously, with each candle packaged in its own labeled box with paper crinkles.
If I had to pick an option that looks more “giftable” in its original packaging, this would be it.
The Disney scented candles I tried here were:
- Happy Haunts – Another version meant to emulate the scent of the Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom
- Spaceship Earth – Designed to smell like a burning, smoldering Rome from the Epcot attraction
- Living with the Land – Inspired by the greenhouse scent from this attraction in Epcot
- Aloha Pineapple Whip – Another option replicating the smell of the Dole Whip frozen treat at Magic Kingdom
Favorites from Main Street Melts
Living with the Land is a scent I didn’t find offered at any other Disney candle company. Since this attraction has always been one of my favorites, I knew I had to have it!
It has such a clean, herbaceous scent that’s perfect for spring, in my opinion!
Spaceship Earth is one of my favorites for actually replicating the smoky scent inside the attraction. It’s perfect for fall or winter!
Their Happy Haunts scent was one of my top picks (I tried one of the Haunted Mansion candles from all three brands to compare, which you can see below), so it’s a great choice.
I’m not as impressed with their Aloha Pineapple Whip, as it smells more like artificial pineapple scent paired with cotton candy. Not my preferred candle scent!
You can view all of their offerings in their shop here!
Best Haunted Mansion Scented Candle
I tried three different candles inspired by the Haunted Mansion, and they’re all quite nice.
They all have similar notes of sandalwood and cedar wood, and a couple of them add in hints of vanilla for a really pleasant pairing.
Happy Haunts from Mortimer and Company (pictured right) is still a pleasant option, especially if you’re already planning to order other scents from their shop.
Best Dole Whip Scented Candle
Of the three Dole Whip inspired Disney candles that I tested, my favorite is the version by Mortimer and Company (pictured on the right), with the Magic Candle Company version (pictured center) in a close second place.
The Main Street Melts version (pictured left) was just a little too sweet and artificial for my preference.
Best Main Street Bakery Scented Candle
I tested two candles that were inspired by the bakery scents wafting down Main Street, USA.
Both were very pleasant and I wouldn’t hesitate to burn either. But if I had to pick one that was more “spot-on,” I’d say the Magic Candle Company version (pictured center) is it.
The one from Mortimer and Company is a little heavier on the cinnamon than I remember the park scent being.
Related: Planning a trip to Disney? Check out our ultimate guide to Disney’s Magic Kingdom!
Best Epcot Soarin’ Orange Grove Inspired Disney Candles
Of the two brands that I tested in this scent, I have to say I really love both! They both have obvious notes of citrus as well as floral notes of blossoms.
Best Pirates of the Caribbean Disney Candle
I tested two different scents inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction in Adventureland.
Honestly, they both smell really good, and are scents I would happily burn in my home. But they don’t necessarily smell like the attraction itself–they’re more so inspired by the theme of the attraction.
If I had to pick a favorite, I’d say the Mortimer and Company candle would be my top choice, but they’re both quite pleasant.
Which Disney Candle Company is Best?
After personally testing candles from three different Disney Candle Companies, deciding which one is “best” really depends on what you want.
Do you want candles with wooden wicks, candles for gifting, candles with scents that are spot-on? Are there specific scents you’re looking for?
Do you want Disney candles that smell like rides? Disney resort scented candles?
You really can’t go wrong with any of these companies.
They all sell quality Disney inspired candles that are packaged meticulously, with scents reminiscent of what you remember from your vacation.
Some specific scents are sold by all three, but other scents may only be sold by one or two of the shops.
For biggest variety, I’d say Magic Candle Company wins out. Not only do they offer 72 wonderful scents, but they also offer body products, room sprays, and other items beyond candles.
If you want to buy your Disney candles from small businesses on Etsy, I’d recommend Mortimer and Company as my favorite.
I was very pleased with the scents I purchased from them. See all of their offerings here!
If you want candles that are packaged in boxes, so you can easily wrap and give away as gifts, then Main Street Melts does a great job with that. Such a great way to brighten someone’s day!
I also highly recommend getting one of these rechargeable electric candle lighters.
They’re so much easier to operate than the old-school lighters, and you don’t have to worry about fuel.
Banish the Disney blues with your own set of candles–there’s nothing like the scents from the Disney Resorts and Disney Parks!
Trust me, you’ll be glad you did!
Be sure to save this list for later by pinning it to your Disney board on Pinterest!