Wondering whether the Good Neighbor Hotels at Disney are a good option? We’ll help you decide!
Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels can be a great way to enjoy your vacation and save some money. We’ll help you learn more about these hotels before you book!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
Heading to Walt Disney World Resort is exciting, but where will you stay?
If you’ve never heard of the Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels, then you are about to be in for a surprise!
These specific hotels are not on the Disney property, so they aren’t officially Disney Resorts, but they do meet the standards that are put out by Disney.
And since Disney World has high standards, these Orlando hotels are usually a great choice when choosing somewhere to stay.
My family has had great experiences staying at a Good Neighbor hotel, and because there are so many to choose from, there really is something for everyone.
What do Disney Good Neighbor Hotels offer?
There are a few things Good Neighbor Hotels have in common, making them great lodging options.
Close Proximity to the Parks
One of the most important aspects of being a Good Neighbor Hotel is that they’re close to Disney property.
Even though they are non-Disney hotels, the locations range from 2 miles to 14 miles away, which means you won’t waste precious vacation time with long drives in and out of the Walt Disney World theme parks.
In most cases, the Good Neighbor Hotels will even offer transportation to Disney parks from their hotel, which is helpful since the hotels are not within walking distance.
Sometimes this is complimentary shuttles, but do note that not every hotel offers free transportation. Sometimes the service comes at an additional fee.
When booking, you can usually see on the website whether or not they offer free shuttle service, or call the hotel to ask.
Good Neighbor hotels also have a Guest Services Desk, where staff can assist you with purchasing Disney World tickets (or other theme park tickets) or planning your time in the parks.
The knowledgeable staff can help answer your questions ahead of time, so you can maximize your time in the parks.
It’s sort of like having an extension of a cast member at your hotel.
All Good Neighbor hotels are AAA Approved, which means AAA members can often receive discounts when booking their stay.
Hotels must undergo AAA inspections and complete the approval process, meeting the 57 elements required for the designation.
These hotels are also required to offer comfortable, quality standard rooms, suites, and villa-type accommodations.
This means they will likely appeal to a wide variety of family sizes, at more affordable prices than many of the guest rooms at Disney Resort hotels.
Many of the hotels also offer complimentary breakfast, which can really add up to a big savings over the length of your stay!
2023 Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels List
Because the Good Neighbor Hotels are subject to change, you’ll want to check the current full list of the hotels that Disney approves on their website.
- Best Western Plus – Kissimmee – Lake Buena Vista South Inn & Suites
- Blue Tree Resort at Lake Buena Vista
- Buena Vista Suites
- Candlewood Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista
- Caribe Royale Orlando
- Comfort Suites Main Gate East
- Courtyard by Mariott Lake Buena Vista
- Courtyard by Mariott / Mariott Village Hotels
- Crowne Plaza Orlando
- Delta Mariott Orlando Celebration
- Delta Orlando Lake Buena Vista
- Embassy Suites Orlando – Lake Buena Vista
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando – Lake Buena Vista South
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive Convention Center
- Fairfield by Mariott Celebration
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Lake Buena Vista
- Fairfield Inn by Mariott Village Hotels
- Floridays Resort Orlando
- The Grove Resort and Water Park Orlando
- Hampton Inn Orlando / Lake Buena Vista
- Hampton Inn and Suites – South Lake Buena Vista
- Hawthorn Suites Lake Buena Vista
- Hilton Garden Inn Orlando / Lake Buena Vista
- Holiday Inn Orlando Southwest
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites – South Lake Buena Vista
- Holiday Inn Resort Orlando – Lake Buena Vista
- Home2Suites by Hilton Orlando International Drive
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Buena Vista
- Hyatt Place Orlando / Lake Buena Vista
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa
- Margaritaville Resort Orlando
- Meliá Orlando Celebration
- Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
- Residence Inn Orlando Convention Center
- Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista
- Rosen Inn Lake Buena Vista
- Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort
- Sonesta ES Suites Orlando – Lake Buena Vista
- Springhill Suites Orlando Theme Park/Lake Buena Vista
- SpringHill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Orlando Kissimmee
- SpringHill Suites Orlando Convention Center/International Drive Area
- TownePlace Suites Orlando Theme Park/Lake Buena Vista
- WorldQuest Orlando Resort
Benefits of Staying at Good Neighbor Hotels at Disney
There are many benefits of staying at a Disney Good Neighbor hotel for your next Disney vacation:
- Conveniently located minutes away from the main park entrances.
- Transportation that takes you directly to the parks (save on parking at Disney with this perk).
- Free breakfast!
- Access to Guest Services representative to help with your park planning.
- A variety of accommodation types available, with amenities that may include pools, hot tub or spas, a fitness center, and room service.
- Affordable rates compared to other Disney resort hotels, which can help lower the cost of a Walt Disney World vacation.
Frequently Asked Questions about Good Neighbor Hotels
Many people have questions about what the hotels offer, especially when compared to the Disney resort hotels.
Do Disney World Good Neighbor hotels get extra magic hours?
Unfortunately, guests staying at Disney World Good Neighbor hotels do not receive access to Extra Magic Hours.
You’ll need to stay at Disney Resorts, Disney Spring Resort area hotels, or the Disney Swan or Disney Dolphin hotels for this perk.
Some Good Neighbor hotels offer early theme park entry. When booking, you can ask if the hotel participates in early park entry or not.
Do Disney Good Neighbor Hotels Charge a Resort Fee?
Some of the hotels do charge a resort fee, so this is important to figure out ahead of time.
The fees can range in amount, with some being as high as $50 per night of your stay.
This can really add up over the course of your stay, so you’ll want to check your location ahead of time so you can budget accordingly.
Be sure to also ask if your chosen hotel offers free parking.
Should I stay at a Good Neighbor Disney Hotel?
Where you stay for your vacation will be based on personal preference.
If you want to save a little money and you don’t mind being off of Disney property, then go for a Good Neighbor Disney Hotel.
Of course, there are plenty of good reasons to stay on property, but the Good Neighbor hotels have plenty of benefits and amenities!
My family has stayed at Good Neighbor Hotels, and we’ve had wonderful experiences there.
What categories of hotels make up the Good Neighbor Hotel program?
Good Neighbor Hotels can be categorized based on price and distance from Disney World.
Each hotel offers unique amenities and luxury accommodations. Choose a hotel that will fit your needs!
Do all of the Good Neighbor Hotels have restaurants on-site?
Yes, many Good Neighbor Hotels include one or more restaurants on-site for guests’ convenience.
Many also offer room service so you can enjoy a delicious meal in the comfort of your own room!
How to Book a Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel
- Visit the Disney World Good Neighbor hotel website.
- Under the “Good Neighbor Hotels” section, you will see a list of all available hotels in the area.
- On the page for your chosen hotel, look to the right to check to see if there is any availability. Make sure you click back to get to the main page if there is no availability at the hotel you’d like to book.
- If rooms are available, review your search information and click “Continue” to finalize your booking process.
- Follow any additional steps as applicable such as entering payment information, choosing room type, until you have completed booking your stay at a Disney World Good Neighbor Hotel!
- Make sure you put in your email address, so that you get verification that you booked with the proper hotel.
Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels offer great value for money and a convenient way to stay close to all of the exciting attractions at Disney World.
With their affordable accommodation, excellent amenities, and varied locations, they are an excellent choice for those looking for a magical time in Orlando.
More Disney World Lodging Resources:
- Disney Hotels on the Monorail: Ultimate Guide to the Deluxe Resorts
- Art of Animation vs. Pop Century: Which Value Resort is Better
- Kidani Village vs. Jambo House: Which Animal Kingdom Resort is Better?
Be sure to save this to your Disney vacation planning board on Pinterest!