If you’re planning a Turning Red themed birthday party, you’ll love these ideas!
Enjoy a magical Turning Red birthday party featuring your favorite characters from the hit Disney movie!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. You can read our full disclosure policy here.
With the release of the Disney Pixar movie, Turning Red, children and adults alike have likely related to the coming-of-age story of Meilin Lee, also known as “Mei.”
Whether you have the 4-Town song “Nobody Like U” stuck on repeat in your head, or you relate to the struggles of an adolescent feeling the pull between her friends and her family, you probably love the memorable movie!
If your child is enthralled with the storyline, characters, and of course, the red pandas, you may be looking for ideas for a Turning Red birthday party!
We’re going to show you plenty of options for your next celebration!
Turning Red Birthday Party Food Ideas
Every birthday party needs food! Mei is a Chinese-Canadian girl, and as such, we see both Chinese and Canadian influences in the foods that appear in Turning Red.
And of course, any red foods would be a great addition to your party table.
These are some of our favorite food ideas for your Turning Red party.
Bao makes an appearance in Mei’s household when she and her mother form and fill the dumplings.
Then you can then see these bao bubbling to perfection in boiling water when her dad is cooking.
You can always make your own bao buns if you’d like, or buy some from your local grocery store (check the freezer section).
Tim Horton’s Timbits
Timbits are donut holes from the classic Canadian coffee shop, Tim Horton’s.
We see these make an appearance in Turning Red, which makes them a fun addition to a party. I mean, who doesn’t love doughnut holes?
If you don’t live in Canada, donut holes from any nearby donut shop will do!
Red party punch is a must-have at a Turning Red party!
This easy red punch recipe requires only three ingredients and is simple to whip up.
REd Velvet Desserts
Red velvet desserts are easy to make and pretty much everyone loves them! Here are a few favorites to add to your party table:
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Ooey Gooey Bars
- Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats
- Red Velvet Loaf Cake
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Having a candy buffet with red candies is such a fun idea for your Turning Red birthday party!
Turning Red Birthday Party Decorations
You’ll definitely want some red decor that brings Turning Red to life!
Turning Red Decorating Package
Because of the film’s popularity, you can purchase sets of decorative items, including banners, balloons, cake toppers, and more.
I especially love this set because it features multiple characters!
If you want add some extra flair to the space, I think these paper pom-poms and fans are a fun addition, giving some dimension to your decor.
- Package includes: 8 x 25cm/ 10inch tissue paper pompoms flowers, 2 x 25cm/10inch paper hollow fans, 6 x paper fans (7.5 inch, 11.6 inch, 16 inch, each size 2 pieces ) and 4 x 20cm/ 8inch Honeycomb Balls.
How pretty and impressive is this balloon arch? I love that it includes character balloons as well as plain colored balloons.
- Background cloth are not included in the package.And need to buy by yourself
For a fun backdrop, you can hang this cute vinyl background behind your cake table or set it up for a memorable photo op!
Turning Red Plates and Napkins
You can choose to buy plates and napkins that are character-themed, or you can save some money and simply purchase solid-color plates that coordinate with the decor.
Turning Red-Themed Party Favors
There are endless options when it comes to party favors for a Turning Red birthday party.
First up, I love these goody bags! They’re big enough to hold a few things, but not so large that they’ll swallow the favors whole.
As far as filling the treat bags, these are a few fun ideas:
- Turning Red Keychains – These key chains each feature a character from the movie.
- Turning Red Coloring Packs – I love that these can be personalized, and it’s a consumable gift that won’t add to the clutter.
- Turning Red Coloring Books – Who doesn’t love a good coloring book?
- Turning Red Stickers – These stickers feature everyone’s favorite characters and are a great addition to a favor bag.
- Turning red Little Golden Books – Perfect for reading a bedtime story at home.
- Red Rock Candy – These strawberry rock candies make a pretty, clutter-free addition to a favor bag.
Turning Red Birthday Party Invitations
Now that you have some ideas for the party, it’s time to invite your guests to the celebration!
- Personalized digital invitations – These feature a red panda with your child’s name. So cute, and super easy to send out via email or text message, or you can print them at home.
- Video invitation – What a fun idea to send a Turning Red animated video invitation to friends and family!
- Printable invitations – These can be edited to personalize, then you download and print them (or email them).
Turning Red-Themed Birthday Party Activities
If you want some fun activities for the kids to do at the party, these ideas are sure to be memorable:
- Play a game of pin the name on the red panda.
- Enjoy a game of Turning Red Bingo.
- Use printable Turning Red activity placemats.
- Print some free Turning Red coloring pages for everyone to enjoy.
Turning Red Birthday Party Ideas
No matter who your favorite character is from Turning Red, these ideas will help you plan a magical red panda-inspired gathering for everyone!
And of course, if you want some red panda ears for the birthday party, your kiddo can proudly wear them!
No matter what you choose, your child’s party is sure to be memorable!
Be sure to pin this to your Turning Red party planning board on Pinterest!